Greetings families of Hopewell Elementary!
We would like to welcome you to Hopewell PTA! The PTA is comprised of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools.
About Hopewell PTA
PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference!
You are invited to join us for our PTA meetings this year which will be held on the first Tuesday of each month from 6:30-7:30 PM. Due to Covid-19, the meetings can’t be held at the school this year. We are holding the meetings at Imeson Park (7305 NW Prairie View Drive) and/or via Zoom. Check the PTA Facebook page for location information prior to each meeting. Come and hear the plans the PTA has for the year, relevant district topics, and a report from our Principal, Dr. Hensley. All are welcome and encouraged to attend! Free childcare for school-aged children (Kindergarten and up) is provided during the meetings (note: childcare is not available during the 2020 year, due to Covid-19 restrictions).
We understand your time is valuable, but nothing you do for children is ever wasted. Research shows that family engagement advances children’s learning and growth, increases student achievement and positively impacts school improvement efforts. Students with engaged parents are more likely to earn higher grades, attend school regularly, have better social skills and have higher graduation rates.
PTA Events led by volunteers:
● Back-To-School Carnival (free admission for all families)
● Donuts With Grownups (formerly known as Mornings With Mom and Donuts With Dad)
● Holiday Extravaganza
● Holiday Room Parties (3 parties a year)
● Mercury Gymnastics Nights
● Free books for every child on their birthday
● PTA helps fund field trip costs
● Cultural Arts programs
● Appreciation weeks (bus driver, teacher/staff)
● PTA helps pay for playground/Gym equipment
● Reflections Program
Connect With Us
Let’s continue to build the Family-School Partnership that makes Hopewell such an amazing school for our kids! For more information about the Hopewell Elementary PTA and PTA events, please follow us on Facebook. You can also reach us by email.
- Individual Membership $15
- Family Membership $25
- Bronze $100
- Logo displayed in the school cafeteria
- Certificate of membership
- Silver $300
- Bronze plus
- Logos shared to Hopewell PTA social media pages once per semester
- Company recognized as a sponsor on PTA emails
- Gold $500
- Bronze and silver plus
- Individual company feature on Hopewell PTA social media pages
- Distribution of promotional handout
- Sponsoring an assembly or learning event
2020-2021 Hopewell PTA Executive Board
- Co-President: Emily Bornheimer
- Co-President (Finance): Angie Barton
- Membership: Rachel Whaley
- Fundraising: Tara Gase
- Secretary: Ashleigh Baughman
PTA Meetings will be held at Imeson Park in Platte Woods or over Zoom for the 20-21 School Year. We will announce meeting dates soon.
2020-2021 Hopewell Spirit Wear
Don't forget to purchase spirit wear for the 2020-2021 school year!